[Pharo-dev] [Pharo-users] Pharo 6 snap install

Luke Gorrie luke at snabb.co
Mon Apr 17 05:33:38 EDT 2017

On 17 April 2017 at 11:01, Luke Gorrie <luke at snabb.co> wrote:

> I have only read through once, but isn't it a no-brainer

^^^ please forgive gratuitously combative tone :)

Fighting the VM build in another window. Just now I am able to build the
32-bit VM from master and run both the Pharo 5 and Pharo 6 images. The next
problem is the issue of accessing $HOME. The actual error is
ExternalLibraryFunction>>invokeWithArguments: failing to call getenv() from
libc. Simplest way that I can reproduce it here is Smalltalk os environment
at: 'HOME'.

Checking for what I can have mucked up in the build...

Otherwise I need to supply the "smudged" version information in some
reasonable way. I don't have access to the .git folder during build so I
can't use the perl script directly. I see that I can't just skip these
values either because on startup I am also seeing a warning that my "VM is
too old" coming from DiskStore class>>checkVMVersion that wants to see that
my VM source is from at least July 2012 :).