[Pharo-dev] bloc status update: june 2016

Clément Bera bera.clement at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 06:59:04 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu>
wrote:

> You are right, code without comments is not acceptable.
>
> But, but.
>
> How many serious, non-trivial, public code bases consisting of 10s or 100s
> of classes and 1000s or 10000s of methods have you, or anyone else giving
> remarks, written and FULLY documented according to those high standards ?
>
> I prefer for people to actually write code and hope that they will
> eventually document it all.

I agree with you.

If we take the example of Bee Smalltalk, their code convention is to have
no comment at all in the code, all the documentation is in separated files.
So when I saw what you can see in the screenshot I provided, I thought Bloc
had the same coding convention so I asked because maybe there was an
external documentation too.

It's not the case, there is not that many comments yet because the
framework is a work in progress and that's fine with me.