[Pharo-dev] GT-Spotter dive in shortcut

Nicolai Hess nicolaihess at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 14:33:58 EDT 2016

> On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 4:39 PM, Ben Coman <btc at openinworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Yet
>> there are probably a small number of shortcuts with cross platform
>> conflicts where hardcoded values are still required, and for those it
>> even be useful to hardcode
>>

> I agree to that. For example I miss that normally in my computer (with
> Linux) I every program I can do Ctrl+Backspace to delete the word before
> the cursor, which in Pharo does not work, and I think it is related to mac
> keyboards not having two different keys for backspace/delete as it is
> common in other keyboards.

You can use shift+backspace for backword-delete-word. This works on windows
and linux.

Cleaning up the shortcut handling, would make it easy to change this to
ctrl+backspace (there is already an issue about this, for windows, but this
applies
to linux as well: 13882
<https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/13882/Under-Windows-the-key-to-remove-a-word-is-not-SHIFT-Backspace-but-CTRL-Backspace>