[Pharo-dev] GT-Spotter dive in shortcut

Guille Polito guillermopolito at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 10:33:53 EDT 2016

For coherence, the vast majority of shortcuts should follow the standard
in all applications. Most shortcuts use cmd in mac, and ctrl in unix/win.

Then there are exceptions of course. I'd like exceptions to be that,
exceptions, and well documented. I'm not against using #alt for
particular cases (for example, it is often used in windows/linux for
menu navigation).

Also, I'd like shortcuts that are meant to be used with #alt to use #alt
and not #command. Because #command means the windows key in windows.

That said, If the problem are shortcut conflicts, I think it would be
nice at some moment to make a step back, look at the big picture and
design shortcuts for the entire system instead of patching place over
place :).

Guille