[Pharo-dev] Pharo Launcher

Christophe Demarey christophe.demarey at inria.fr
Fri Jun 17 05:22:37 EDT 2016

Hi,

I just updated Pharo Launcher. A new version 0.2.11 is available.
Here are the change log:
move Pharo Launcher to the latest stable pharo image: pharo 5.0. It implies That Pharo Launcher is now shipped with Spur VM.
allow an easy download of the new beta image: pharo 6.0
the Launcher now comes with 2 VMs:
Spur VM (pharo 5.0 and Pharo 6.0)
Non-Spur VM (to be able to run old images)
the Launcher is now shipped with a default template that is the current default Pharo image. It can be found in local templates.
there is a new OS bundle for linux: we now ship more files with the launcher and it was needed to have a bundle.
update of the default name propose when you create an image from a template: the default name will be the project name.

If you want to give it a try, executables are there:
windows: http://files.pharo.org/platform/launcher/blessed/pharo_installer-0.2.11.exe <http://files.pharo.org/platform/launcher/pharo_installer-0.2.11.exe>
mac: http://files.pharo.org/platform/launcher/blessed/Pharo_0.2.11.dmg <http://files.pharo.org/platform/launcher/Pharo_0.2.11.dmg>
linux: http://files.pharo.org/platform/launcher/blessed/Pharo-linux-0.2.11.zip <http://files.pharo.org/platform/launcher/PharoLauncher-user-0.2.11-2016.05.18.zip>

Christophe.