[Pharo-dev] [ANN] The Pharo Unicode Project

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Wed Feb 17 04:16:33 EST 2016

Hi,

In Pharo we can deal with and represent any Unicode character and string, but there are still some important pieces of functionality missing.

The goal of the Pharo Unicode project is to gradually improve and expand Unicode support in Pharo. We started in December last year to lay the foundation and are now ready to go public with what we built.

The first delivery is an implementation of Unicode Normalization, together with an implementation of the Unicode Character Database.

Please read the following article for more information (the appendix explains how to get the code).

  An Implementation of Unicode Normalisation

  Streaming NFC, NFD, NFKC & NFKD, normalization QC and normalization preserving concatenation.

  https://medium.com/concerning-pharo/an-implementation-of-unicode-normalization-7c6719068f43#.qmy18gky0

The development branch also contains a work in progress implementation of Unicode Collation.

Much work remains to be done and contributions are more than welcome.

Sven & Henrik