[Pharo-dev] [ANN] TaskIt v0.2

Guille Polito guillermopolito at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 04:53:29 EDT 2016

Hi all,

With Santi we wanted to share a new release of TaskIt, a concurrency
management library for Pharo. TaskIt development is done entirely in
github, using iceberg. Works like a charm. Please find below attached
the changes log with more information.

Cheers,
Guille & Santi

  TaskIt

https://github.com/sbragagnolo/taskit

TaskIt is a library that ease Process usage in Pharo. It provides
abstractions to execute and synchronize concurrent tasks, and several
pre-built mechanisms that are useful for many application developers.
This chapter explores starts by familiarizing the reader with TaskIt's
abstractions, guided by examples and code snippets. At the end, we
discuss TaskIt extension points and possible customizations.

  ChangesLog TaskIt v0.2

    Major Features

  * Task Runners
      o NewProcessTaskRunner
      o LocalProcessTaskRunner
      o Worker
      o WorkerPool
  * Futures with callbacks
  * Future combinators
  * Future synchronous access
  * Services

    Infrastructure

  * Travis CIhttps://travis-ci.org/sbragagnolo/taskit
  * Documentationhttps://github.com/sbragagnolo/taskit/blob/master/README.md

    Minor changes log (from commits)

  * Enhanced class comments
  * TKTWorker processes are terminated in case the worker is collected.
    See Issues#8 <https://github.com/sbragagnolo/taskit/issues/8>and#5
    <https://github.com/sbragagnolo/taskit/issues/5>
  * Process Dashboard. - Adds TKTTaskItProcessProvider by default with
    the extension package - Hides job and task fields since there are
    not reachable any more.