[Pharo-dev] Remote debugger progress

Denis Kudriashov dionisiydk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 10:44:54 EST 2015

Hello.

My name is Denis Kudriashov. I'm a new engineer in Rmod team. I'm working
on remote debugger project. And I want to share a little progress on it.

Our idea is make current tools working with remote smalltalk images. We not
try to build new tools but we will adapt existed ones to be able to use it
for remote systems exploration. (maybe new tools will be needed but not
now).

Project is based on Seamless communication layer. It is kind of remote
smalltalk. I fixed and improved it to the state when debugger can be opened
on shared remote process. Opening debugger api was cleaned.

Current result is kind of prove of work. It's a bit slow and sometimes
hangs. Next steps will be make it fast and stable. Some work on Pharo
internals will be required.

See attached video. (slowness and hangs are there :)).

RemoteDebugger. Initial result <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkt1JoSaq9c>

Best regards,
Denis