[Pharo-dev] [ANN]: AconcaguaAddOns

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Tue Apr 21 12:21:21 EDT 2015

I pushed some Aconcagua extensions to
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/SeanDeNigris/AconcaguaAddOns/main/

One part consists of tiny (so far) Aconcagua models of various domains -
Time*, Money, and Weight at the moment.

The other is the Aconcagua-Magritte package. This gives you
MAMeasureDescription, which represents an Aconcagua Measure. It mostly acts
like a number field mapped to its amount. You just have to tell it which
unit to use to convert the amount number into a Measure.

Example usage:
	MAMeasureDescription new
		accessor: #replacementPrice;
		label: 'Replacement Price';
		unit: AmDollar new;
		yourself

Then, you can type 100 in a Magritte form and "100 dollars" will be saved to
the model. Enjoy!

* Yes, I know Chalten has months and years, but (I think when Chalten was
extended to handle non-Gregorian calendars) months and year units are no
longer derived from each other, and so can not be compared.

-----
Cheers,
Sean