[Pharo-dev] Grant for MetaRepoForPharo30

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Tue May 20 16:25:17 EDT 2014

Maximiliano Taborda wrote
> I decided to not update the config from the aconcagua repo, and maintain
> up
> to date only the one in the meta repo

Right now:
- main repo has 3.1.1 and 3.1.4
- meta for 30 has 3.1.2 and 3.1.3

Maximiliano Taborda wrote
> I don't see the point of "copy" the same package in more than one repo.

Neither did I at first, but I've found through painful exprience that people
find projects through all different routes, and if they stumble upon the
main repo and load an out-dated config, they may write the project off as
unmaintained or reach out for support before finding out that they have to
go to metarepofor30 to get the latest config.

Maximiliano Taborda wrote
> is a craziness thinking in publish to more
> than one repo the same config just in one action?

That would be welcome. I've wished for that at times, and didn't get around
to implementing it...

-----
Cheers,
Sean