[Pharo-dev] Spotlight

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Fri May 16 06:03:14 EDT 2014

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu>wrote:

> Cool !
>
> I haven't loaded your change set yet, but your ideas are good - I agree
> with all of them.

> Maybe it would be better to make the placement a setting (a bit like for
> the growl widget).

Yeah, sure. But this really came for a persistent annoyance when doing my
dev. Next in line are TWM window keybindings when I'll have time in order
to shuffle my windows left right and center with the keypad. There is
something wrong with accelerators and the equivalent of the OSX Cmd key on
the Linux VM. So, I'll not go in that hole right now.

> What I find annoying is that the shortest match is not always chosen, for
> example when you type String, the String class is not in the top matches,
> and you have to type a space before hitting return.

Yeah, same story with Dictionary that I had to look up a damn number of
places. But if you know the class, typing: Dictionary<Space><Enter> gets
you there. So, that's kind of a workaround.
That is in XXCompletion (OC, EC, well, I am lost there).

Have a nice day.

Phil