[Pharo-dev] [Article] Elegant Pharo Code

kilon alios kilon.alios at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 15:53:38 EDT 2014

Ruby and Pearl look very ugly to me.

Programming languages are primarily personal preference.

Pharo advantages to me at least are far more than live image, its live
coding which by the way is different from live image, the IDE tools, the
factor that is all Pharo objects even when you do assembly coding inside
Pharo , the libraries of course and last but not least the community.

I could name also thousands more advantages that I have found in the
implementation that I really like as well others I don't. Devil , as they
say, is in the details. Details are everything , generalisations have
little meaning.

Lovely article Sven , keep them coming. I think Pharo would definitely
benefit from a cookbook working as a database where pharo coders can use to
find example code the easy way.

But even articles like this can help a lot, I just wish that there was a
Pharo wiki to keep these links and see them buried in Pharo news.

PS: Sven I am making my own Pharo book called Pharo Universe where I want
to put things that are not part of PBE or PFTE which can be find here
https://github.com/kilon/Pharo-Universe and here
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoUniverse/ . May I have
permission to use your articles as chapters for my book ?  I will fully
credit you and link back to your blog posts of course :)