[Pharo-dev] [ANN] Fuel 1.9.3
maxleske at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 16:13:17 EST 2014
Dear fellow Smalltalkers
Mariano, Martin and myself are happy to announce Fuel version 1.9.3 which includes the follwing changes to 1.9 (1.9.1 and 1.9.2 were never officially announced):
- (feature) the #fuelReplacement selector offers the ability to statically replace an object (e.g. with nil) during analysis. This can lead to significantly smaller graphs and improved speed when serializing large graphs
- (feature) serialize the same graph that was analyzed instead of retrazing the graph during serialization. This prevents changes in the graph from happening between analysis and serialization
- (change) store source when serializing CompiledMethod objects. Needed because Opal does not allow decompilation
- (fix) migrate variables across hierarchy
- (feature) Object>>serializeToFileNamed: shortcut for serializing arbitrary objects
- (fix) better compression for LargeNegativeIntegers (https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/12052/Fuel-could-store-LargeNegativeInteger-up-to-32bits-magnitude)
Pharo30 already includes most of these changes (integration request: https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/13000/Integrate-Fuel-1-9-3).
This release runs with:
- Pharo: 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.2, 1.2.2, 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, 3.0
- Squeak: 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5
The documentation is not up to date yet but we will remedy that situatoin within the next couple of days (http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/web/pier/software/Fuel).
If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions, please contact us on the Fuel mailing list (http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/cgi-bin/mailman/roster/pharo-fuel) or create a new issue in our bug tracker (https://code.google.com/p/fuel/)
We want to thank everyone who contributed to this release (by keyboard or opinion) and also all of those people who actively use Fuel.
More information about the Pharo-dev