[Pharo-dev] How to state up to date with Pharo ?

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 04:47:48 EDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:12 AM, kilon <thekilon at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> So what the best way to ensure that I have the latest version of pharo ?

what many of do is to let a continuous integration server build your
application on top of the latest Pharo everyday. So, you would have
to:

- push your code somewhere public (e.g., smalltalkhub)
- write a configuration for your application (read the metacello
chapter of this book http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/deepIntoPharo/)
- register at https://ci.inria.fr/
- ask to be a member of the pharo-contribution project on https://ci.inria.fr/
- create a new job by cloning
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/view/Helper/job/JobTemplate/

And let Jenkins to the job. Everyday, you start your work by
downloading the newest image built by Jenkins. I advise you to use the
Pharo launcher (https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoLauncher)
which downloads images directly from Jenkins.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."