[Pharo-dev] Losing instance variable addition

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 17:36:24 EDT 2013

I don't think there's something to fix.
You cannot 'extend' classes belonging to other package in any other way
than adding extension methods.
Allowing extension of ivars or any other vars by foreign package
is road to nowhere.

I would not like if shape of my kernel classes depends on what packages i
load
or in what order i loaded them.
To me it is clear that if one needs to add/remove/modify instance variables
of some class, those changes should belong to the package containing that
class,
not some random package.

--
Best regards,