[Pharo-dev] missing updates: 30503 30504

Camillo Bruni camillobruni at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 10:33:54 EDT 2013

On 2013-10-27, at 20:23, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:
> On Oct 27, 2013, at 6:18 PM, Camillo Bruni <camillobruni at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Things got updated:
>>
>> The tracker job https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/Pharo-3.0-Update-Step-1-Tracker/ has
>> now a version number check + the recent pharo version allows the #update command line handler
>> to detect if wrong update files were specified. Together with Stef's fix to always
>> merge updates the update process should now be more stable.
> Tx camillo.
>
> Pay attention that my change is to ignore conflict warning

I am not fully sure about that, since there are two steps required:
1. MCMergeOrLoadWarning
2. MergeResolutionRequest

From what I got, you only deal with the first one, which asks the user if he wants
to merge or not (which for instance in git never happens). The second one actually
does the merging. I am pretty much convinced that we don't need the two of them, since
I see that we basically spread the following code all over the place:

[aLoadBlock
	on: MCMergeOrLoadWarning     do: [ :request | request merge ]]
	on: MCMergeResolutionRequest do: [ :request | request autoMerge ].

The real merge conflict is only available in the MCMergeResolutionRequest, before it
is a warning that is solely based on whether a package is dirty or not, a very crude
approximation of a conflict...