[Pharo-dev] Startup Preferences: An Alternative

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 09:08:16 EDT 2013

On 24 October 2013 14:42, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu> wrote:

> And to save on parenthesis, you could also write
>
>  Compiler evaluate: 'http://my.url.with.script.st' asZnUrl
> retrieveContents.
>
>  CodeImporter evaluateString: 'http://my.url.with.script.st' asUrl
> retrieveContents.
>
> this is why i love smalltalk: that you can express highly complex stuff
(there's a lot
of stuff happens under the hood) by single line expression.

Comparing to most examples of C frameworks, where  you had to manually
allocate buffers,
initialize some data structures, and pass several options and flags here
and there, which at the end
does what you need, but floods your mind with hundreds of tiny irrelevant
details..

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.