[Pharo-dev] VM for Athens Graphics

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 15:16:51 EDT 2013

On 23 October 2013 14:32, J.F. Rick <self at je77.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mouse i much more precise than fingers. I doubt it going to be replaced.
>> I think it will stay.
>>

> "When we were an agrarian nation, all cars were trucks because that’s what
> you needed on the farms. But cars eventually became more prevalent as
> people moved to cities. PCs will be like trucks…they are still going to be
> around, but there is a transformation coming, and it will make some people
> uneasy. Is it the iPad? Who knows? Will it be next year or five years from
> now?" -Steve Jobs
>
> Yes, mice will stick around but they won't be the dominant paradigm of
> computing. Already, tablet sales have eclipsed the sales of desktops /
> laptops. Fingers aren't inherently less precise. I, for instance, am very
> happy using an Apple trackpad rather than a mouse. Touch screens have a fat
> finger problem (i.e., you are often covering up what you are wanting to
> precisely touch), but precision in itself isn't the problem.

Mouse if not truck.
Comparing touchpad and mouse, as to me is like comparing Apples(tm) and
oranges.
They are both human interface devices and complement to each other. Some
things you can do
better using mice, some using trackpad (or touchscreen).
Try controlling first-person shooter game with trackpad.. good luck :)

I only hoping, one day there will be even better HID's than mouse or
trackpad. As of today, they both
having serious shortcomings and not universal ones to let humans control
computers with muscle power.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.