[Pharo-dev] Bisect with Pharo Launcher / Git

Goubier Thierry thierry.goubier at cea.fr
Tue Oct 22 05:34:10 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I want to thank the combination of Pharo Launcher and the pharo-core
github repo for earching a specific bug in Pharo 3, linked to
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/11949/ :

I noticed that the bug was introduced between 30450 and 30490. With the
Pharo launcher, I then went through a ad-hoc bisecting (loading the
right image version / launching it / testing) :

Start point is 30450 No bug, 30490 bug.

30470 No bug
30480 No
30485 Bug
30483 No
30484 Bug

Then I tried to view the changes in Morphic for the bug out of the
Monticello tools... Didn't work :( It's hard to guess which versions
have changed and when in relation to the image version number.

So I went to github/pharo-core and I searched for the relevant commit:

https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-core/commit/5034553d07f342a5a0e512757a04e6afec677d96

And a file that could be relevant:

https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-core/commit/5034553d07f342a5a0e512757a04e6afec677d96#diff-8582177f7215f3cef75a8ce52f5ef012

And there I could see things in relation with MorpTreeMorph... Bug
solved shortly thereafter. Damn Rectangle stuff :(

Thanks again
--
Thierry Goubier
CEA list