[Pharo-dev] missing updates: 30503 30504

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Mon Oct 21 12:41:45 EDT 2013

On Oct 21, 2013, at 3:08 PM, Camillo Bruni <camillobruni at gmail.com> wrote:

> What happened with those updates?

there was a problem because the packages were dirty and we got a popup on the server….
so we could not integrate simply their saved versions.

> Why are there no images?

see above.
I could not understand (I could not find and edit the updates.list to remove them)
This is not documented!!!!!!!!!!

> If something like this happens, the git exporter needs to be properly reset,
> otherwise we don't have consecutive numbers :/

probably
But there is no documentation (except what I wrote in ScriptLoader comment), so I cannot guess.

> We really need to invest a couple of sprints in creating an integration UI,
> ben and I started this 2 years ago and it lies dormant since then. The current
> way is just too brittle…

And we added more complexity to it.
Two years ago I knew where the updates.list file was stored. Not anymore.
I could not find it in Pharo-update.

So yes THIS IS FRUSTRATING.
I spent two hours two integrate two packages and 3 methods!

I'm probably an idiot.

Stef

PS: now scriptLoader will load without warning packages on dirty packages.