[Pharo-dev] default monospaced code font

btc at openinworld.com btc at openinworld.com
Thu Oct 17 09:22:19 EDT 2013

 > what with the 2x space?

Something I like about Source Code Pro is the greater spacing between
identifiers. In comparison, I found DejaVu Sans and Source Sans Pro to
be too dense, especially so with the latter.  So I experimented with
doubling the size of that space with the proportional fonts.  I just
Search-Replaced <space> with <space-space>, but in an IDE you could use
one of the wider space character like the EN-QUAD [5].  Except the
performance with Unicode versus ascii characters would need to be
checked.  I've attached a some more comparisons of identifier spacing.

Sorry I mislead you with the Source Sans Pro 2X-spacing in previous
PDF.  You wont get that exactly out of the box without some code changes
to use a wider space character.  Check you opinion against the 1X-spacing.
cheers -ben

[5] http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/chars/spaces.html