[Pharo-dev] [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: default monospaced code font

Henrik Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Thu Oct 17 06:02:28 EDT 2013

On Oct 17, 2013, at 11:40 , Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2013, at 11:35 AM, Goubier Thierry <thierry.goubier at cea.fr> wrote:
>
>> Once the correct fonts are installed, the pdf looks very different :)
>>
>> Revised judgement:
>>
>> Source code pro is not bad for a monospaced font.
>> Source sans pro is impressive of density (9), and has this additional readability on DejaVu sans for the $l.
>>
>> I'll take Source Sans Pro, then.
>>
>> But Pharo is not seeing it in the dialog. Is that because I did a user specific install of the fonts (and not system wide) and Pharo is not checking the user-specific fonts?
> yes, that's exactly what happens :)
> but also pharo should contain those fonts (it should not need an installation)... currently I'm working on figure out why that does not work.
>
> Esteban

I noticed display of fallback-fonts is broken for StrikeFonts now, (select Bitmap Deja Vu and any non-western language (or French) to have the palindrome preview X out) I guess that's not a big issue if the plan for 3.0 is embedding true type/freetype fonts in the image and removing StrikeFonts altogether though.

Cheers,
Henry