[Pharo-dev] Spec error

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Wed Oct 16 15:50:38 EDT 2013

I manually fed in an instance of by changing the code to:
    actionToPerformWithSelector: selector arguments: args
	| instance |
	instance := spec instance.
	instance = #DialogWindowSpec ifTrue: [ instance := SpecDialogWindow new ].
	^ instance perform: selector withArguments: args

But then I got: MessageNotUnderstood: ByteSymbol>>changeTableLayout (where the symbol was #Panel)

It seems that #actionToPerformWithSelector:arguments: expects "spec instance" to return an actual instance, but is getting Symbols instead. It seems to be a bug in Spec because none of this has anything to do with my code, and if I change "self new openDialogWithSpec" to "self new openWithSpec" it opens correctly.

On Oct 16, 2013, at 1:01 PM, "Benjamin Van Ryseghem-2 [via Smalltalk]" <ml-node+s1294792n4715064h72 at n4.nabble.com> wrote:

> Try replacing it with DlalogWindowModel
>
> Ben
>
> On Oct 16, 2013, at 5:27 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Benjamin Van Ryseghem-2 wrote
>>> Without further information, I can not do much more
>>
>> I sent #openDialogWithSpec, and the offending symbol is #DialogWindowSpec
>>

>> -----
>> Cheers,
>> Sean
>> --

> http://forum.world.st/Spec-error-tp4714069p4715064.html
> To unsubscribe from Spec error, click here.
> NAML

-----
Cheers,
Sean