[Pharo-dev] default monospaced code font

Goubier Thierry thierry.goubier at cea.fr
Wed Oct 16 09:48:45 EDT 2013

Le 16/10/2013 15:05, dimitris chloupis a écrit :

> Blender also has very nice GUI, used to be awful at it, but a few years
> ago they committed the biggest Coding Sin, they rewrote the software and
> old GUI was thrown away. Its no Softimage but its a good example none
> the less. Definitely much better than Pharo.

Hum. I'm utterly lost in the Blender GUI. The fact I'm trying it on a
netbook with a 11"6 screen and no keypad has probably something to do
with it: you can't even use it without going into the options and
remapping the keyboard shortcuts... And all that wasted space!

So count me as not impressed by that GUI. Maybe as a good power user
GUI, for someone who has a 30" display, a full size keyboard, a mouse
and invested the time to learn it.

The GUI that accomodates beginners and power user on a highly complex
system is a rare beast indeed :(

However, like the dark theme discussion, it shows something of interest
for Pharo: egoistic applications which takes over a full screen with
their own selfish look and feel are perfectly fine :):)

Thierry
--
Thierry Goubier
CEA list