[Pharo-dev] default monospaced code font

Yuriy Tymchuk yuriy.tymchuk at me.com
Tue Oct 15 15:12:30 EDT 2013

Well…

I'm for monospaces font because you can make your code look nice at last. And yes you are writing code, instructions for one of the most stupid things in the world: a computer. And no, it's not meant for people. It's good that we can make it more understandable for ourselves by giving items appropriate names, and it's good that pharo has not a lot of rules that we have to follow (language grammar). Ruby has something that makes you read a code like a prose, but when it comes to understanding you don't have any idea what of the special cases took place in that part of code. Please, don't tell that you want to read code like a newspaper. News paper is for humans only, code is used by computer.

uko

P.S. don't be mad, it's just my humble opinion