[Pharo-dev] default monospaced code font

Goubier Thierry thierry.goubier at cea.fr
Tue Oct 15 09:42:29 EDT 2013

Le 15/10/2013 15:16, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :

> On Oct 15, 2013, at 3:09 PM, Goubier Thierry <thierry.goubier at cea.fr> wrote:
>

>> Le 15/10/2013 14:46, Camillo Bruni a écrit :
>>> processing.org uses monospaced font, these are the art guys that have more sense graphics
>>> than any one this mailinglist (BTW, how many of you have visited an art school?)
>>
>> Not me.
>>
>> I'm often not impressed by the tools used by graphics designers. I can't get my head around the blender GUI, for example.
>>
>> Specialized communities, tools around their own concepts and very productive for the training they have in it. Not a good entry level GUI, in most cases.
>>
>> Innovative, interesting GUIs ? Game, arts projects (not tools, results out of their tools).
>>
>>> Besides Smalltalk, I don't know any other language that would use proportial fonts.
>>
>> And? Your sample against mine. We're going nowhere :)
>>
>>> After that, anybody who really knows how to use Pharo can modify it.
>>> The newcomer is the only one you target...
>>
>> Sort of. You can piss people off, when you do and say that. Who can afford to rewrite Nautilus among the people around here?
>
> just Ben :)

The amount of code in there is just impressive. And all the features!
Never managed to use 5% of it :)

> I'm suffering a lot in this moment just to enhance it :)

I wasn't good enough to improve it so I reimplemented another browser
instead :)

But I still regularly look for Nautilus to see how something is done (or
if I'm missing some system events).

Thierry
--
Thierry Goubier