[Pharo-dev] default monospaced code font

Pavel Krivanek pavel.krivanek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 02:30:46 EDT 2013

Hi,

the issue that sets the new Pharo 3.0 look&feel uses a monospaced font
for the code. It is only a coincidence that it is not set this way in
the prebuild Pharo image.

I have big doubts if this is the way to go. I think that proportional
fonts are more natural for Smalltalk and without them the code is
harder to read and not so beauty. I think that something like elastic
tabstops would be much better solution.
http://tibleiz.net/code-browser/elastic-tabstops.html

On the other way, it is only my personal opinion and if you think that
the Eclipse-like look will attract more new users...

-- Pavel