[Pharo-dev] Fix Review Needed - Slice query - was Re: bug: [4993] Typing cmd+L cancel all typing and we can't undo it [Terminated]

btc at openinworld.com btc at openinworld.com
Sun Oct 13 12:36:22 EDT 2013

As I reviewed the Slice <Changes> related to Case 4993, I notice the
relevant part was only a single method, but also included were several
more unrelated modifications with zero-sum refactorings.  eg, from...
position: aPoint
    super position: aPoint.
    self viewBox ifNotNil: [self viewBox: (aPoint extent: self viewBox
extent)].

to...
position: aPoint
    super position: aPoint.
    self viewBox ifNotNil: [:viewBox | self viewBox: (aPoint extent:
viewBox extent)].

which itself is cool, but my first thought was that these shouldn't have
been included in the Case 4993 Slice, but in a separate Slice for a
different Case that dealt just with those refactorings.  But thinking
further in general the image I use for testing could have moved on from
the image used to generate that Slice.  So maybe its not not such a
problem anyhow?

Also, if the zero-sum refactoring modifications were put in their own
separate Slice, then probably the specific modifications related to the
Case would build upon that, so ultimately you end up with the same
situation.

So in short my question is, how much do you typically separate out
Case-specific modifications from incidental zero-sum refactoring made
along the way.

cheers -ben