[Pharo-dev] How is this possible?

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Fri Oct 11 10:12:41 EDT 2013

In 30456, I'm in the process of porting the Tiling Window Manager. I'm
experiencing this confusing error...

TWMDockingBarMorph DNU @

In DockingBarMorph>>updatePosition there is the following code:

self isAdheringToLeft
	ifTrue: [| usedHeight usedWidth |
		usedHeight := self usedHeightByPredominantDockingBarsOfChastes: #(#top ).
		usedWidth := self usedWidthByPredominantDockingBarsOfChastes: #(#left ).
		(usedHeight isNumber not or: [usedWidth isNumber]) ifFalse: [ Halt once ].
		usedHeight := 1000.
		usedWidth := 100.
		self topLeft: self owner topLeft - margin + (usedWidth @ usedHeight)].

Pharo is saying that usedWidth = aTWMDockingBarMorph, even though it's set
to a number (for debugging) in the preceding statement. Any ideas?

Thanks.

-----
Cheers,
Sean