[Pharo-dev] external semaphores…again

Henrik Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Mon Oct 7 11:25:44 EDT 2013

On Oct 7, 2013, at 4:36 , Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 thing.
>
> can you tell me what given expression yields for your VM/image:
>
> Smalltalk vm maxExternalSemaphores
>
> (if it gives you number less than 10000000 then i think i know what is your problem :)

Uhm, I didn't read your implementation, but the proper thing to do for a VM which doesn't care about the external objects table (splObjs at: 39) growing, is returning nil from maxExternalSemaphores, like it will for pre-Cog VM's.
Otherwise, you'll get a domain error when you eventually (yes,yes, it'll take awhile) run out, and maxExternalSemaphoresSilently: tries to set the new max to a value that won't fit in the 16bit header field where it expects to put it…

Cheers,
Henry