[Pharo-dev] additional Milestone label for applications

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Sat Oct 5 03:47:14 EDT 2013

On Oct 4, 2013, at 7:37 PM, btc at openinworld.com wrote:

> btc at openinworld.com wrote:
>> I've been advised that for application related issues tracked on Fogbugz (e.g. for PharoLauncher) to avoid tagging the Milestone as 'Pharo3.0' - which is reserved for image related issues.  Fair enough, but the only available alternative 'Later' just doesn't seem a good fit.  Can adding another milestone be considered, like 'non-image' or 'application'.
>> btw, my reasoning for tagging with Pharo3.0 was to do with the idea of simultaneous release [1] of related tools with the image.  With the CI now operating for a lot of projects, it is not unfeasible that such a co-ordinated release occur.  This might be good to encourage participation in testing and bug hunting in the final weeks and maybe speed the uptake of 3.0.  On the other hand, it might unreasonably stretch resources trying to co-ordinate it.
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Simultaneous_Release
>>
>> cheers -ben
>>
> Elsewhere I see a comment by Marcus that "we need to find a way how to use the bug tracker for projects..." I notice there is already a Projects field while the Areas field is entirely unused (perhaps this is from following the guidelines of [2]).  One option might be recategorizing many of the existing Projects as Areas under one Project='Image'.  Maybe that would require an unreasonable effort to implement, but I float the idea anyway.  Perhaps the Fogbugz sysadmins have some tools that could assist.

So the idea is that I want to have filter for

"Need to be reviewed"
"need to be integrated"

that are possible to get to empty (that is: that are only related to the image itself).

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/filters/36/Review
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/filters/35/Integration

e.g.

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/filters/35/Integration

has two issues that I can't act uppon. So they are not "to be included, because I can not
include them.

How do we make a filter that shows me not the other projects?

	Marcus