[Pharo-dev] [ann] system attraction view

Goubier Thierry thierry.goubier at cea.fr
Fri Oct 4 07:41:31 EDT 2013

Hi Tudor,

I found your visualisation very interesting, and wondered about one
thing linked to your blog post and if I got it right.

The visualisation you're showing is able to show, at the single class
level, if a class is more or less regular (i.e. tidy == well designed?)
but you show that it will loose very shortly it's tidy shape if the
classes it joins to are added to the visualisation. And I wondered if
this was a choice on the graph layout algorithm you've choosen, i.e.
that maintaining the tidiness of the class could be done with a
different layout algorithm? Maybe one which has a measure of tidiness of
the class at the local level, and weight it against the position and
attraction of its links to the other components in the application?

In the mean time, I'm slowly discovering we have amazing software
architecture visualisation tools :) Would really like to setup a project
on that if I get the chance.

Regards,

Thierry

--