[Pharo-dev] unloading Nautilus

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Wed Oct 2 14:45:27 EDT 2013

So victory I could unload completely Nautilus and RB :)
Now I will be able to reload it and I will add some unload methods to the configurations and also to key classes.

I think that configuration should have a protocol for that. I do not think that we should continue to not have configuration in the image
because configurations are project metadata.

to reproduce: rename Nautilus-History into History

(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'NautilusRefactoring')) unload.

Nautilus cleanUp.
KMRepository reset.
KMPragmaKeymapBuilder release.
NautilusUI allInstances do: [ :inst |
     SystemAnnouncer uniqueInstance unsubscribe: inst].
Smalltalk garbageCollect.
(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'NautilusCommon')) unload.
(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'Nautilus')) unload.

(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'Refactoring-Tests-Critics')) unload.
(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'Refactoring-Tests-Core')) unload.

(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'Refactoring-Tests-Environment')) unload.
(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'Refactoring-Tests-Changes')) unload.

(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'Refactoring-Spelling')) unload.
(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'Refactoring-Critics')) unload.
(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'Refactoring-Pharo-Platform')) unload.

(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'Refactoring-Changes')) unload.
(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'Refactoring-Core')) unload.
(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'Refactoring-Environment')) unload.

Stef