[Pharo-dev] what is the trick to load Gofer Configuration in an image without Gofer?

Pavel Krivanek pavel.krivanek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 02:59:57 EDT 2013

For the Pharo Kernel I firstly in one job download the latest versions
of network packages and save it in a form of .st file. Then I load
them to the shrinked image.

Network packages:
#('Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core' 'Zinc-Character-Encoding-Core'
'Network-Kernel' 'Network-MIME' 'Network-UUID' 'Network-Url'
'Network-URI' 'Network-Protocols' 'Zinc-HTTP' 'Zinc-Patch-HTTPSocket'
'Settings-Network')

MC and Gofer packages:
#(  'PackageInfo' 'System-FileRegistry' 'RPackage-Core'
'RPackage-SystemIntegration' 'Monticello' 'MonticelloConfigurations'
'Settings-Monticello' 'Ring-Monticello' 'Gofer-Core')

To get the source code of the package I use:
ScriptLoader latestSource: packageName location:
'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main'
It uses Zinc and ZipArchive so we can modify the second stage that
loads MC and Gofer to do it directly. But for network packages we have
to use preexported source files.

-- Pavel