[Pharo-dev] Weird issue with removing instance vars from class def: instance vars jumbled

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Tue Oct 1 03:37:49 EDT 2013

On Oct 1, 2013, at 9:34 AM, "phil at highoctane.be" <phil at highoctane.be> wrote:

> Still, why does it occur ? Normal ? I experienced that on a class with quite a number of instVars.

This seems to be a bug. When you remove / add inst vars, the offset of all those behind need to change
(and all in the subclass).
This is done by the ClassBuilder by recompiling (there is code somewhere to do it more intelligently,
by using bytecode level IR to patch the offsets, but this is not yet active).

We need some reproducible case to fix the problem… because normally the class builder does the right thing,
I wonder in which case there is a problem.

	Marcus