[Pharo-dev] SlotVirus

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Tue Oct 1 03:07:00 EDT 2013

On Oct 1, 2013, at 9:02 AM, btc at openinworld.com wrote:

> I've just bumped into an interesting class named 'SlotVirus'.  Thats a cute name, but its not really business friendly.  In business some people in power get to be unreasonable about these things.  They are the gatekeepers
> and unfortunately we don't get to choose that they should be more reasonable. Perhaps something like 'SlotPropagator' or 'SlotPropagation' could be considered.

This is a helper class that introduced meta-objects for instance variables in all classes (that's why "Slot allInstances size" returns you the number of ivars in the system…).

When we remove the old class builder this class is removed, too.

And we should not forget to do these cleanups: we now have nearly everything double in the system:
	-> Compiler
	-> Inspector
	-> Debugger
	-> ClassBuilder