[Pharo-dev] [ANN] Eclipse icon pack for Pharo 3.0

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 05:27:35 EDT 2013

Hi,

I want to share something I made experimenting with different enhancements for the look & feel for Pharo.
The general idea is to create an environment who can be both modern and more appealing to newcomers, and as part of that I played with and "Eclipse Pack" , to make the environment a bit more familiar to outsiders :)

you can install the icon pack executing:

Gofer it
	smalltalkhubUser: 'estebanlm' project: 'EclipsePack';
	package: 'EclipsePack';
	load.

ThemeIcons current: EclipseUIThemeIcons new.
World resetWorldMenu.
NautilusUI resetIconCaches.

Then you can have something that looks more or less like this:

or if you install the Glamour theme (which I like a lot more :), something like this:
and... before all who hates java complains: no, this icons will not be included in the distribution... is just a candy (even if I use them everyday)... we need our own icons, not famfam, not eclipse... just pharo icons :)

Enjoy,
Esteban