[Pharo-dev] towards moose in the pharo ide (gtinspector / gtdebugger)

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Mon Dec 30 00:24:17 EST 2013

Hi,

Some of you asked how the GTInspector and GTDebugger are different from the
existing infrastructure. They are quite different from the norm in that:
they are tiny, and they are highly extensible. Here are some posts that
describe what makes them different:

http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/the-moldable-gtinspector-deconstructed/
http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/dissecting-the-gtinspector/
http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/extending-variables-shown-in-gtinspector/
http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/moldable-gtdebugger

These tools are already the default development tools in the Moose image.
As you can see, Moose is reshaping the Pharo IDE. I think this is exciting.

This should be just the beginning. To make it better, we need your energy:
- Apply and extend these tools for your context (this is what makes them
unique).
- Tell us what works and what does not work.
- Ideally, start working with us on this topic. In particular, I am looking
for people that would like to spend some time working on Morphic widgets.

It's your turn now.

Cheers,
Doru

--