[Pharo-project] How to create a basic OS for the Raspberry Pi - VM+Pharo on top?

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Tue Sep 4 02:36:44 EDT 2012

Hey cool.

Once I have the iPad thing keyboard fixed (working on it), I'd like to
have a go at that.
Is there any PI emulator around? (so that we can work without a PI board).

Markus, as for CUDA and stuff, I have attended a presentation from an
engineer in Mons for his master and the subject was PGAS languages,
like Chapel and X10. These do have interesting constructs that we
could draw some inspiration from when it comes to adding support in
Pharo and VM.

Chapel is an ARPA research project at this point. They really want to
tackle massive numbers of CPUs. Scatter and gather are important
things in there, as are transparently distributed arrays and ease of
programming.

Phil