[Pharo-project] Some news about Athens

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 22:14:03 EDT 2012

I added a text support for Cairo backend..
unfortunately i was unable to force it rendering with subpixel AA,
Cairo completely ignoring
settings i passing to it (looks like i need to dig into compilation
options to enable it)

So, following examples contain simple code to draw text on surface:

AthensCairoSurfaceExamples drawFontMetrics
AthensCairoSurfaceExamples draw2Strings

A following one is my current state of endless battle area with Morphic..

AthensTextRenderTest testWindowRender

since morphic using absolute coordinate system, i can't make the
clipping right no matter how hard i try arghhhh ..

These changes are available if you load ConfigurationOfAthens v 1.4

But you might probably will unable to use it anyways ;), because
NB-enabled VMs on jenkins are not yet bundled with
cairo library..
I will do a pass on VMs this week and let you know when this stuff
will be readily available for download and play with.
So many things stacked on top of each other.. it is a pain the ass
when something on base level breaks.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.