[Pharo-project] Enthousiasm is the main currency among developers

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Tue Jan 31 10:16:50 EST 2012

On Jan 31, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Frank Shearar wrote:

> On 31 January 2012 14:44, S Krish <krishnamachari.sudhakar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I agree whole heartedly after a month of Pharo being used as a tool for
>> newbies.
>>
>> a) Crashes...

Make sure to run an up-to-date vm and image (and yes, the downloads are not up to date...)

And it's important that people report problems. If problems are not reported, it is as if they
would not exist.

>> b) Bugs in basic functionality: Morphic as well as in other places
Morphic is just crap. But what can we do else than slowly fixing what we see?

>> c) The User Guide is not in synch with the current stable Pharo.. in simple
>> images of browsers..
We just can't update pharo by example for every release... the day has just 24 hours.
But it is true that the version right now is far too old. (based on a horibly slow 1.0 with
a completely different browser...)

In general there are two options:

	-> give up and do something else
	-> fix the problems, step by step.