[Pharo-project] pharo vision

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Mon Jan 30 17:07:16 EST 2012

On Jan 30, 2012, at 5:27 PM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> I think the best option with Xtreams
> (http://code.google.com/p/xtreams/ ) is to rewrite client code.
> This is why the designers have chosen a set of new selectors.
>
> If we think it's time to remove some cruft, but still have late client
> adopters, we could also write a wrapper providing old Stream API in
> Xtreams
> Something like:
>
> 'foo' reading withStreamAPI
>
> Then replace ReadStream/WriteStream with such factory...
>
> Of course, replicating the whole zoo of specialized selectors of
> current Stream library is not an option IMO.
>
> Nicolas

Nicolas my main concern is
	- we got documentation for Streams and I would like it got adapted.
	- lack of manpower but if somebody would drive this effort I would survive and accept Xstreams (even if I have some doubts on the API)
The document is also to build a common roadmap on which we can gather energy and effort to get
some real momentum.

This document is to show the vision we got since long time and that we were not able to share.
Stef