[Pharo-project] OneClick on website's first page?

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Mon Jan 30 11:22:14 EST 2012

Janko,

On 30 Jan 2012, at 17:06, Janko Mivšek wrote:

> S, Sven Van Caekenberghe piše:
>>
>> On 30 Jan 2012, at 16:40, Janko Mivšek wrote:
>>
>>> This is a second level page while current trend is to have most useful
>>> download for newcomers on a first page.
>>
>> ??
>>
>> If I click on the 'Download Pharo' badge top right on the home page my download starts immediately.
>>
>> This is perfect.
>
> Ah, this is a link to OneClick! BTW: maybe a word 'OneClick' would be
> good to add in the Download logo.
>
> My intention was dragged into downloads of Shortcuts section and I'm
> also blind to "marketing" images outside the central area, this is
> probably a reason :) But it is only me?
>
> Janko

Well, actually it is pretty clear and contains all the right words:

But I have to admit that even though it is big, somehow one overlooks it ;-)

I am no UX expert, but maybe we could add a big, downwards pointing 'download arrow', like

  http://www.dropbox.com
  http://www.apple.com/itunes/

As long as it does not blink or flash.

Sven