[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Re: [Smalltalk for small projects only?

Otto Behrens otto at finworks.biz
Mon Jan 30 06:40:02 EST 2012

Hi,

> how to you deal with conflict due to the for example move of methods due to file out?

If someone edited a method that I moved to another class git picks it
up and does not see a conflict, it includes the change on the new
class. If both of us changed the method and I moved it, then git picks
up a conflict and I have to edit the file. If the method was renamed
by me and edited by someone else, it does not pick up a conflict, it
sees it as a delete and modify conflict.

I am sometimes quite amazed how it picks up what happened, but it
does; we have not had problems that are in the way. I think it has to
do with the nice object model git has, as well as the fact that it
does not store deltas, but objects indexed by hashes.

Cheers
Otto