[Pharo-project] [Moose-dev] Re: browsers vs. guis

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Sun Jan 29 23:54:01 EST 2012

Hi,

Well, you can customize the UI. There are two ways:

1. Directly embed a widget from the UI framework. For example, in Morphic, you can simply embed a morph. For example, see GLMBasicExample>>starBrowser for a demo in which we embed various system browsers in a Glamour browser. Or here:
http://www.themoosebook.org/book/internals/glamour/presentations/custom

However, up to now, we mostly only use this solution for situations in which the data only arrives in the custom morph. We still need to add the ability of specifying how data should go out of the morph and into the surrounding Glamour pane so that it can be completely embedded in the overall data flow.

2. Extend Presentations with your own widget. This involves, subclassing GLMPresentation, and writing the rendering code. This requires knowledge about the inner workings on Glamour.

Cheers,
Doru