[Pharo-project] [Event related] Character vs Keys
guillermopolito at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 14:20:43 EST 2012
While playing (again) to add Function keys support, reading documentation
of how keyboard handling works on our vm and other platforms:
And a quick explanation of Igor of how our vm works:
What puzzles me is some of the following:
- Keypress event should only be raised to send keystrokes having a
- but some keystrokes with no character representation are taken as
keypresses! (arrowup, arrowdown, esc...) (and so, used to handle events
instead of doing it on keydown)
- the strokes above should be only raised in keydowns IMHO.
- more on, we have in Character class representations for those *non
characters* :P which is funny because they are not characters.
And everything works, and fits in a kind of strange way :).
Now, rearranging this to follow those conventions means:
- reify Keys (vs Characters). So we can model modifier keys, function
keys, arrow keys, independent from Characters.
- Keys (non-characters) should only be raised as single events on keydown.
- and the worse part is to fix all the hardcoded shortcuts messed
everywhere in the image.
Any thoughts on this?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pharo-dev