[Pharo-project] experiment with UbiquiTalk

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 09:36:58 EST 2012

Hi Estaban,

On 20 janv. 2012, at 19:20, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi Noury,
>
> I have some free time (not much) before moving to Lille, and I wanted to experiment a bit with UbiquiTalk...

Cool.

> I installed all in a Pharo 1.3 image, but now I don't know where to start... As I see, there is an example there, but I don't know how it is supposed to work...
> Can you guide me on where to look?

There's some documentation available is online. It's old, though I believe it should be okay.
http://vst.mines-douai.fr/UbiquiTalk

In squeak, there were a GUI that was working. The main entry point for it is: UTHostMainGUI.

Otherwise, from the model side, the main entry point is UTHost that refers to the current image. It holds multiple services. Each service has server-side and client-side code. Once a client connects to a server (discovery based on IGMP), it gets the list of services. A client can launch a service and get the client-side code of it installed on the fly.

The last one who experimented with UbiquiTalk was Sean. He could load it on Pharo, though I don't remember how far he went.

Hope it helps,
Noury
--
http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement,
merci de n'imprimer ce courriel qu'en cas de necessite