[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] ANN: OpenGL + NativeBoost + Mac ==> success

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 15:36:52 EST 2012

On 20 January 2012 21:04, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi igor. I am the OpenGL biggest newbie you can find the world. I have just
> reproduced all your steps but I have an error in NBMacGLContextDriver >>
> createContext: initialExtent
> the error is "'invalid pixel format'"
> Any ideas?
> I attach PharoDebug.log

yes. It doesn't works with your hardware :)
Strange that it worked on mine:
 - 4 years old Mac Pro
 - lion

what you can do is go to #createContext: method and play with various
options for
GL pixel format.

attribs := CGLPixelFormatAttributes for:  {
		KCGLPFAFullScreen.
		KCGLPFADisplayMask -> self mainDisplayMask.
		KCGLPFADoubleBuffer.
		KCGLPFAColorSize -> 24.
		KCGLPFAAlphaSize -> 8.
		"	KCGLRPAccelerated."
		KCGLPFAMultisample.
		KCGLPFASampleAlpha.
		KCGLPFASamples -> 8.
		0
		}.

you should be able to create a context.. but of course it is a big
question if with your format my demo will still run , because it wants
some extensions :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.