[Pharo-project] New IDE alternative (was Misc. newbie questions)

blake dsblakewatson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 22:20:48 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com>wrote:

Frank,

I agree with what you said EXCEPT that I don't see the NIH mentality in
Smalltalk. What I do see, and have seen a lot of over the years, is people
coming in and banging on Smalltalk's differences without taking the time to
learn the whys and wherefores. I don't think it's knee-jerk defense so much
as a creeping sense that the person complaining maybe isn't in the best
position to do so. (And I say this as someone who's been on several sides
of the argument.)