[Pharo-project] Cloudfork on Pharo under GLASS??

Jan van de Sandt jvdsandt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 03:34:58 EST 2012

Hello Larry,

Cloudfork was developed on Pharo Smalltalk and ported to VW and VA
Smalltalk. But not yet to Gemstone. We tried to isolate the platform
specific code. Most of it is implemented as platform specific subclasses of
CFPlatformServiceUtils.

CloudforkAWS requires an XML parser, a SHA1 or SHA256 implementation and a
HTTP client. I don't know if it has been done before but I think it should
be possible to create a platform class for Gemstone that offers access to
these functions. I don't have experience with Gemstone. The GLASS mailing
list is probably the best source to ask.

Jan.